Honey Ginger Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry
Today I’m being a vegetarian with this Honey Ginger Tofu & Veggie Stir Fry & HELLO WORLD it tastes really super yummy.
All last week I was vacationing at the beach & now I have to be a real person again.
But being a real person does have some perks, & right now those perks include being in my own little snuggly kitchen again and eating things like honey, ginger, tofu, asparagus, carrots, & all the other veggie stir fry things without any tofu mockery from my family.
Because my family’s favorite food does not equal tofu.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE STIR FRY
1 1/2 cuncooked brown rice or faro
2 Tbspcanola oil
14 ozextra firm tofu
2 cchopped asparagus
2 cshredded carrots
3green onions, minced
FOR THE GARLIC GINGER STIR FRY SAUCE
2 Tbspfresh ginger
2 Tbsphoney (more to taste)
1/2 clow sodium soy sauce
1/4 crice wine vinegar
1/4 ccanola oil
How to Make Honey Ginger Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry
Puree all the sauce ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Set aside
Cook the rice or faro according to package directions.
- Cut the tofu into slices and press with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Wait a few minutes and press again - there's lotsa water in there!
- Cut the tofu slices into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is shiny, add the tofu and about ¼ cup of the stir fry sauce (watch out because the sauce and oil will spatter a tiny bit - have a cover ready or just skip the sauce at this point).
- Pan-fry the tofu until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel lined plates.
Return the pan to the heat and add the asparagus with ¼ cup stir fry sauce.
- When the asparagus is bright green and tender crisp, add the carrots and toss together.
- Arrange the veggies and tofu over the cooked rice or faro, and cover with more sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle with the green onions.
To make this gluten free, make sure your soy sauce and your tofu are both certified gluten free brands. To make this vegan, use an alternative sweetener in place of honey.
- You can find tofu in the produce section of most grocery stores. I sprinkled mine with the tiniest amount of chili powder right in the frying pan to bump up the golden color.
- I like to peel the carrots into long strips instead of grating.