Okra Cornmeal Cakes with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- cups sliced okra rounds
- jalapeno, minced
- 1 c
- diced red pepper
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 c
- yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 2 large
- 1 dash(es)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c
- oil for frying (coconut, canola, etc.)
- 1 c
- plain greek yogurt
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro
How to Make Okra Cornmeal Cakes with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
- 1Combine the cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together the egg and water.
- 3Add the egg and water mixture to the cornmeal mixture and stir together with a spatula
- 4Mix in the okra, jalapeno, red pepper and garlic.
- 5Season generously with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Once hot, form the batter into patties and pan fry on each side for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 9Mix the yogurt, lime and cilantro together in a small bowl and serve with the hot cakes.