Okra Cornmeal Cakes with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 ccups sliced okra rounds
1 cdiced red pepper
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 cyellow cornmeal
2 Tbspbaking powder
·salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 coil for frying (coconut, canola, etc.)
1 cplain greek yogurt
·juice of 2 limes
4 Tbspchopped cilantro
How to Make Okra Cornmeal Cakes with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
- Combine the cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and water.
- Add the egg and water mixture to the cornmeal mixture and stir together with a spatula
- Mix in the okra, jalapeno, red pepper and garlic.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, form the batter into patties and pan fry on each side for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Mix the yogurt, lime and cilantro together in a small bowl and serve with the hot cakes.