Key Lime Pie Dip
Best of all, this is much easier to whip up than an actual pie, and it is perfect for serving up at a party. It’s no-bake, and the ingredient list is relatively short. It couldn’t be any more perfect for springtime.
- 1 pkg
- jell-o lime gelatin mix
- 1 pkg
- jell-o instant vanilla pudding mix (not cook and serve)
- 1 c
- water, divided
- 8-oz. can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 3 c
- heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
How to Make Key Lime Pie Dip
- 1A Few Tips Before You Get Cooking:
Temperature plays an important role in this recipe. The Jell-O mix needs to be boiled then cooled.
- 2The pudding needs to be made with the cooled Jell-O mixture and chilled sweetened condensed milk.
Remember to chill the sweetened condensed milk ahead of time!
- 3The cream needs to be ultra-chilled to be whipped.
- 4You’ll want to finish this within the first day or two because whipped cream does start to separate.
- 5Making the Dip:
Place 1/2 cup of the water in the freezer.
- 6Bring the remaining 1/2 cup of the water to boil in a small saucepan and whisk in lime Jell-O mix until completely dissolved.
- 7Remove from heat and let come to room temperature.
- 8Transfer to the freezer for a few minutes just until cool. Do NOT let it solidify.
- 9In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Jell-O mixture, chilled water, chilled sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla pudding mix until well-combined and thickened, about two minutes.
- 10Transfer to the fridge until completely set, about 10 minutes.
- 11In a separate bowl, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- 12Divide in half and fold one half into the lime pudding until evenly combined.
- 13Whisk powdered sugar into the remaining half of whipped cream.
- 14In a large glass bowl or trifle dish, layer lime mousse, graham crackers, and whipped cream until you run out.
- 15Dip whatever you’d like in it, or eat it with a spoon.
- 16Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- 17For dippers, try graham crackers, sugar cookies, shortbread, Teddy Grahams, and more.