Chorizo & Cheese Dip
Well, the last time I went my daughter and I had this simple cheese and Chorizo dip and she begged me to try making it at home.
Now the recipe isn't exactly what the restaurant serves, we tried to be more authentic and make the dip with Panela Fresca cheese. I don't think it melted as well as the mozzarella that the restaurant used. My daughter liked the taste of the Panela Fresca more... I say melt up whatever cheese you have on hand.
- 2 c
- panela fresca cheese or mozzarella
- 1/2 c
- monterey jack cheese
- mexican chorizo sausage cooked and minced
- 4 Tbsp
- minced scallion
How to Make Chorizo & Cheese Dip
- 1Chop up and then sauté sausage.
- 2Put Panela Fresca in a small oven safe pan. A French onion soup crock works well or a garlic roaster.
- 3Next put a layer of sausage pieces.
- 4Top with Monterey Jack and the rest of the Chorizo.
- 5Broil until cheese starts to brown.
- 6Garnish with scallion. Serve with corn chips, guacamole, and salsa.