Chorizo & Cheese Dip
Well, the last time I went my daughter and I had this simple cheese and Chorizo dip and she begged me to try making it at home.
Now the recipe isn't exactly what the restaurant serves, we tried to be more authentic and make the dip with Panela Fresca cheese. I don't think it melted as well as the mozzarella that the restaurant used. My daughter liked the taste of the Panela Fresca more... I say melt up whatever cheese you have on hand.
How to Make Chorizo & Cheese Dip
- Chop up and then sauté sausage.
- Put Panela Fresca in a small oven safe pan. A French onion soup crock works well or a garlic roaster.
- Next put a layer of sausage pieces.
- Top with Monterey Jack and the rest of the Chorizo.
- Broil until cheese starts to brown.
- Garnish with scallion. Serve with corn chips, guacamole, and salsa.