Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
How to Make Coffeehouse Chocolate Spoons
- 1In a heavy saucepan heat semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate begins to melt.
- 2Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 3Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping handle of each spoon against side of pan to remove excess chocolate.
- 4Place spoons on waxed paper; refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 5In a heavy saucepan heat white baking bar over low heat, stirring constantly until baking bar begins to melt.
- 6Immediately remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- 7Dip remaining spoons into the melted baking bar.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set up
- 8Place the remaining melted white baking bar in a small, self-sealing heavy plastic bag. Using scissors, make a small opening at one bottom corner of the bag; drizzle one or both sides of the chocolate-coated spoons with the melted white baking bar.
- 9Drizzle remaining melted bittersweet chocolate on white baking bar-coated spoons.
Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes to allow chocolate to set up.
- 10Wrap each spoon separately and store in cool, dry place for 2 to 3 weeks.
Makes 20 to 24 chocolate-covered spoons.
- 11* To Present This As a Gift: You will need matching teacup and saucer, coffee beans, gold-tasseled cord, cellophane bags, and thin gold ribbon.
- 12Fill the cup with the beans. Place on the saucer. Place a pair of chocolate spoons on top of the cup. Arrange tasseled cord around the base of the cup. Wrap extra spoons in cellophane bags; tie with gold ribbon.
- 13Also Try This: Wrap cellophane packages of spoons with gold curling ribbon to add even more cheer.