Tomato Sauce with Dried Porcini Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·25g dried porcini mushrooms
·2 small tins of san marzano tomatoes or a jar of tomato passata
·clove of garlic
·extra virgin olive oil
·chilli pepper – fresh, in oil or powdered
·pinch of sugar
·half a glass of dry white wine
·parmesan or pecorino cheese if desired
How to Make Tomato Sauce with Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- Soak the dried Porcini mushrooms in warm water for at least 30 minutes (retain the water after soaking)
- Heat the olive oil, chopped chilli pepper and garlic in a frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and chilli powder (if not using fresh or chopped chilli in oil).
- Add the white wine and allow to evaporate over high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, a pinch of sugar and salt, stir and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes covering with a lid.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook on a low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the clove of garlic and pour the sauce onto the drained pasta, mix well.