Cheese sauce recipe
4 Tbsptablespoons butter
1/2 tspteaspoon salt
1/2 tspteaspoon dry mustard powder or 1 t prepared mustard
2 mlcayenne pepper
1/2 ccup all-purpose cake flour
250 ml250 ml (7 oz) grated strong cheddar cheese
1 1/2 ccups milk
How to Make Cheese sauce recipe
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pot.
- Add the salt, mustard, and cayenne pepper
- Stir till all well combined.
- Add the flour a little at a time till it is all incorporated in the butter.
- Add the milk a little at a time till a thick sauce is formed.
- Add the cheese all together and stir till cheese has melted and no longer stringy.
- Add the mushrooms as per recipe directions. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.