Big Ole Bill's Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno Mustard
How to Make Big Ole Bill's Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno Mustard
- Cut the Jalapenos lengthwise into halves. Remove and reserve seeds. Chop Jalapenos finely to yield about 4 cups.
- Combine Jalapenos, water and salt in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until Jalapenos are tender , about 8 minutes.
- Add reserved Jalapeno seeds to Jalapeno mixture according to taste, 1 Tablespoon for mild, 2 Tablespoons for medium, 3 or more for hot.
- Combine Sugar, Flour, Cumin and Dry Mustard on a bowl and mix well. Stir in the Yellow Mustard.
- Add the Mustard mixture to the Jalapeno mixture and mix well. Simmer, stirring frequently until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes
- Spoon into 10 hot sterilized 1/2 pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch of space at top ( You can use bigger jars if you wish). Seal with lids and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes. Store in a cool place.