Roasted Eggplant Hummus
This recipe was posted on a cooking site by a member known as Linda2230. I added my photo.
1 largebulb of garlic
1-15 ozcan garbanzo beans-drained and rinsed
1/3 cflat leaf parsley
3 Tbspfresh squeezed lemon juice
1/3 colive oil, extra virgin
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin-for roasting the eggplant and garlic
1 tspkosher salt
How to Make Roasted Eggplant Hummus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cut the eggplant into about 2 inch pieces. Cut the top portion of the garlic clove so that the garlic is exposed but be careful not to cut the garlic loose just yet. Put the garlic bulb on the cookie sheet and then spread the eggplant on the sheet making sure they are all separated, and then lightly drizzle the olive oil over eggplant and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then toss to make sure the eggplant and garlic bulb is coated with the salt and pepper.
- Place in a 450 degree F oven and roast for 25 minutes and when done let cool, approximately 15 minutes.
- In the meantime place the rinsed garbanzo beans, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste) in food processor and quickly pulse just to incorporate the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Next add the roasted eggplant and squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb (yum, yum) and turn the food processor on and stream in the olive oil until the ingredients resembles a spread.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve with pita chips or crackers.