HOT FUDGE SAUCE...it's an oldie!!!...Cin
Straws Kitchen(*o *)
3/4 cplus 2 teaspoons heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 cplus 1 1/2 teaspoons corn syrup
1/3 cbrown sugar
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa (don't skimp here, use a good quality)
1 pinchsea salt (a good pinch)
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate bar (chopped or use chocolate chips)
2 1/2 Tbspbutter
2 Tbsppure vanilla (i use my homemade vanilla)
How to Make HOT FUDGE SAUCE...it's an oldie!!!...Cin
- In a medium-sized pot, (one with a heavy bottom) combine heavy (whipping) cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa, salt and one-half of the chopped chocolate.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, just until chocolate is melted (stirring frequently).
- Reduce your heat & let the mixture boil gently, for 5 minutes (still stirring).
- Now remove from heat, and add butter, vanilla along with the rest of the chocolate. Stirring together well, until mixture is smooth.
- Cool it to a warm sauce before serving (so that it's not HOT when served).
- Sauce will be thick and chewy when served over vanilla ice cream...or your favorite flavor.
- If you have any lefovers, place in refrig...will keep up to a week. It is great served over more than just ice creams so it may not last long enough to worry about keeping it in the frig!!!
Try it over a Chocolate Cake right from the oven, Banana Slices, Ice Box Pies, Puddings...etc.