Skinny tuna salad
Ramona's Cuisine -
Lacking time to cook? Learn to prepare this high-protein, refreshing and super-healthy “skinny” tuna salad.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
No-Cook or Other
·1/2 red cabbage (organic)
·1 can sweet corn (small can, organic)
·2 cans tuna (in water or brine)
·1 red pepper (organic)
·2 stalks celery
·1 can red kidney beans (organic)
·1 green pepper
·1/4 tsp pepper
·1 pinch black pepper (generous pinch, freshly ground)
·1 handful stuffed olives (green pitted/stuffed olives, optional)
·4-5 springs parsley (small springs, chopped)
·2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
·1 tbsp mayonnaise
·1 tbsp olive oil
·1/2 lemon (squeezed)
·4 pitta bread (optional)
How to Make Skinny tuna salad
- Peel, wash and prepare all ingredients.
- Chop, shred or dice all according to how you wish the salad to look.
- In a larger bowl, throw in the canned tuna and with a fork just break the fish chunks into smaller pieces.
- Add the chopped veggies to the tuna and mix well. Sprinkle the salt and the pepper and mix again.
- In a little bowl mix all vinaigrette ingredients, the 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, 1 tbsp olive oil and the lemon juice from 1/2 lemon. Give these a nice energetic whisk and set aside.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well until all veggies are nicely coated.