Fancy Tuna Salad
2 can(s)albacore tuna (12 oz each)
1/2 cchopped green olives
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
1/2 cchopped celery
How to Make Fancy Tuna Salad
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Drain tuna. Place in a bowl and separate into flakes.
- I use my mini food processor to chop enough olives to yield about 1/2 cup and enough pecans to yield about 1/2 cup.
- Also, use the food processor to chop the eggs.
- Finely chop the celery. (I don't find celery does well in the food processor.)
- Mix all ingredients with the tuna.
- Add enough mayonnaise to make it a desired spreading consistency. Taste your salad and if you wish, experiment with adding additional seasonings.
- Spread tuna onto bread of your choice. Then cut into 1/2 or 1/4 sandwiches. Or, set bowl of salad out and individuals can make their own sandwiches on round or hoagie buns or croissants.