Fancy Tuna Salad
2 can(s)albacore tuna
1/2 cchopped green olives
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
1/2 cchopped celery
How to Make Fancy Tuna Salad
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Drain tuna, place in a bowl, and separate into flakes.
- I use my mini food processor to chop enough olives to yield about 1/2 cup, and enough pecans to yield about 1/2 cup.
- Also using the food processor, chop the eggs.
- Finely chop the celery. (I don't find celery does well in the food processor)
- Mix all ingredients with the tuna and add enough mayonnaise to make it a desired spreading consistency.
- Taste your salad and if you wish, experiment with adding additional seasonings.
- Spread tuna onto bread of your choice, then cut into 1/2 or 1/4 sandwiches, or set bowl of salad out and individuals can make their own sandwiches on round or hoggie buns, or cressants.