DIMPLE`S TUNA WITH GREEN BEAN & ONION PASTA SALAD
JANUARIE GIBERSON - FERNANDEZ
1/2 lbfresh tuna fillet sliced in 1 & 1/2 inch (3-4 cm) a piece
2/3 lbfusilli or penne rigate pasta
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 lbgreen beans, trimmed & cut in 3 cm lengths
1 largered onion, thinly sliced
1 tspbalsamic vinegar
1 tspground black pepper
How to Make DIMPLE`S TUNA WITH GREEN BEAN & ONION PASTA SALAD
- Boil water in a large pan and cook 1/2 pounds ( 225 grams) green beans for 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Pour everything in the strainer and rinse under cold water. Drain and transfer in a serving bowl.
- Cook the 2/3 pounds (300 grams) pasta fusilli or penne rigate until al dente (just follow the instructions in the package). Drain, rinse under cold water then drain again before adding to the beans.
- Heat 1/2 cup olive oil,extra virgin in a frying pan. Add the 1 & 1/2 pieces of tuna fillet slices together with the thinly sliced red onions. Saute' until tuna is cooked through.
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) balsamic vinegar, turn up the heat and quickly cook until dressing is reduced & lightly coats tuna fillets cutlets.
- Transfer tuna and onion to the mixture of beans & pasta (that was set aside earlier). Make sure to leave behind any bits in the pan.
- Toss the tuna mixture & the pasta mixture and mix it with the remaining oil. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper to taste. Cool for 15 minutes and serve.