White Bean Salad With Lemon and Cumin
- 2 c
- dried great northern beans
- bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 large
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh italian parsley
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 5 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make White Bean Salad With Lemon and Cumin
- 1Place beans in large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Let beans soak overnight.
- 2Drain beans. Place in heavy large saucepan. Add bay leaves and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches; bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Add salt and continue to simmer until beans are tender but still hold shape, about 15 minutes longer.
- 4Drain beans and place in large bowl; discard bay leaves. Add onion and parsley. Whisk oil, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne in medium bowl.
- 5Season dressing with salt and pepper. Pour over bean salad; toss gently to combine. Do ahead Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- 6Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates or on large platter. Spoon bean salad into lettuce and serve.