Spanish Chickpea Salad
- 1/2 kg
- 1 large
- red peppers (pimientos del piquillo)
- 50 g
- cured ham, diced (optional)
- hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 bunch
- spring onion, sliced
- 1 small
- garlic clove
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
How to Make Spanish Chickpea Salad
- 1Drain and rinse the chickpeas (if using dried chickpeas soak overnight and then boil the next day in a pressure cooker for 10 mins or boil for 1 hour 10 mins in a pan).
- 2Prepare the tomato by blanching it and removing the skin and pips following this cut it into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- 3Add the red peppers to the bowl (if you can´t find the spanish pimientos del piquillo you will need to roast the red peppers for about 20 mins and then remove the kin and cut into strips).
- 4Add the egg, onions and garlic.
Cut the cured ham into small squares and add to the bowl.
- 5Dress with extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar over and season with salt and pepper
- 6Add the chickpeas to the salad mixture.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.