Easy Egyptian Feta Salad
- 2 large
- cucumbers, peeled
- 2 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped scallion
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Easy Egyptian Feta Salad
- 1If you want to reduce the salt content of the feta, cut it into chunks and soak in cold water for an hour.
- 2Score the cucumbers with the tines of a fork, and cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds - a grapefruit spoon or melon baller works well. Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt, and let them stand for about 1/2 hour.
- 3Then rinse, pat dry, and slice the cucumbers into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 4In a medium serving bowl, crush the feta with a fork and mix it with the scallions, lemon juice, oil, and pepper.
- 5Combine the cucumber chunks with the cheese mixture.
Sprinkle the salad with the mint.
- 6It can sit in the refrigerator before serving, but try not to hold it more than an hour or it will get watery.