4 Bean Salad
Great anytime of the year for something tasty and healthy.
·14 oz. can green beans, with juice
·14 oz can yellow wax beans, drained
·14 oz can lima beans, drained
·14 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
·1 cup sliced yellow/red onion rings
·1 cup sliced celery
·1 small can or jar pimento, chopped
·1 cup granulated sugar
·1/2 tsp dry mustard ( i use keenans mustard)
·1 cup white vinegar
·2 tbsp of cooking oil (i use canola)
·1/4 tsp salt
How to Make 4 Bean Salad
- Put green beans and juice into a bowl
- Add the drained yellow. lima and kidney beans.
- Slice onion rings about 1/4 inch thick (I just chop the onion in a large dice)
Add along with the sliced celery and pimento to the beans
- In another bowl, put the sugar, mustard and salt, stir together well.
- Add the vinegar and oil
- Stir until dissolved. It takes a few minutes.
- Pour over bean mixture. Mix gently
- Cover, and store in refrigerator
- Let stand in refrigerator for at least 24 hrs.
- This salad keeps for weeks.
- Dish up with a slotted spoon