Watergate Salad is a retro dessert that is both fun and tasty. This sweet dessert salad, which is often passed off for a side, is made with pistachio pudding, Cool Whip, canned pineapple, marshmallows, and nuts. It is very similar to Ambrosia Salad.
Set some Watergate Salad out at your next Potluck and watch it disappear. It’s also a great salad to include for your Easter Meal.
- 2 can(s)
- (8-ounce) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 3 oz
- package pistachio instant pudding
- 8 ml
- tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (cool whip)
- 1 c
- miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c
- toasted pecans, chopped
How to Make Watergate Salad
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together the full contents of the pineapple cans and the pudding mix until smooth.
- 2Fold in whipped topping.
- 3Stir in pecans and marshmallows.
- 4Refrigerate until serving time.