BLT Salad With Greek Yogurt Dressing
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This salad is a sure winner at your next potluck. When you say BLT, you win over most everyone. But this dressing is a definite winner. You may want to prepare a little extra dressing ... it's that good! The Test Kitchen
12 ozpasta of choice, cooked and drained
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspfreshly chopped thyme
1 Tbspfreshly chopped rosemary
12 ozlean bacon (reserve 3 Tbsp drippings)
5 cromaine lettuce head, chopped
1/4 cGreek yogurt, plain
How to Make BLT Salad With Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the label directs. Add thyme, rosemary, garlic, and oil to the boiling water while cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings from the pan.
- Crumble bacon into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Keeping 1/4 of a cup to garnish.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and reserved 3 Tbsp bacon drippings with the pasta until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the lettuce and cut up tomatoes coating completely.
- Once bacon is cool toss in all but 1/4 cup mixing up and coating all the ingredients.
- Garnish with sprigs of Rosemary, Thyme and the 1/4 cup of bacon.