BLT Pasta Salad by Maggie
It's quick and easy and more importantly it tastes like more !
You can prepare and eat it right away or prep it and chill for a few hours to overnight then serve.
I dress it lightly with Ranch then at serving time hubby adds blue cheese to his for what he calls awesomeness.
Serve it during the cool weather with a nice hot bowl of clam chowder or just slice up a crusty baguette and enjoy a light and refreshing warm weather meal.
4 oztri color spiral pasta
6 slicebacon - cooked crisp and chopped
2 cshredded lettuce
12cherry tomatoes - all red or mix red and yellow
3/4 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cshredded pepper jack cheese
1 tspdill weed
6black olives - sliced
1/2avocado - chopped or sliced
1/4 cranch dressing
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad by Maggie
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Drain well then chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the remainder of the salad.
- You can cut the bacon prior to cooking or cook it whole then chop - whichever is easier for you.
Cook the bacon over medium heat until it is nice and crispy but not burned.
Drain well on paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheeses, dill weed, olive slices and avocado.
Gently stir to blend.
- Add the chilled pasta to the salad and gently stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over top of the salad and gently stir to coat.
- Cover and chill until you are ready to serve.
Garnish with chopped bacon, add salt and pepper to taste then serve with a bowl of soup or just a nice crusty baguette.