Tuna Piccadilly with Creamy Italian Spaghetti Slaw
1 lbspaghetti, dry
1 bottlecreamy italian salad dressing, 15 oz
3 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese, i used the powdered kind
14 ozslaw mix, bagged, old fashioned style
2 can(s)tuna, chunk, light, in water, 5 oz each, undrained
2 Tbspsweet pickle relish with juices
2 Tbspchow chow relish, hot or mild, i use hot, heaping measure
2 tspjalapeno peppers, diced fine, jarred, with juice
How to Make Tuna Piccadilly with Creamy Italian Spaghetti Slaw
- Break spaghetti into approximately 1-2 inch pieces. Cook spaghetti according to pkg directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl or container, toss slaw mix, cooked spaghetti, cheese and salad dressing.
- Toss in the tuna with the liquid from the can.
- Toss in the sweet relish and any juice that you spoon out of the jar with it. Picadilly is hot and sweet so dill pickles won't do. You can use chopped whole sweet pickles with a tsp of the juice..
- Toss in the Chow Chow. If you can't find this ingredient you can use salsa (medium or hot).
- Add the jalapeno peppers.
- Toss well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Toss before serving. Keeps for at least 3 days in the fridge. If it seems too dry or if you want it a bit creamier toss with up to 6 TBSP water. The pasta will absorb some of the liquid as it sits in the fridge.