Smoked Turkey Salad w/Cashews & Sherry Dressing
- 8-10 oz
- smoked turkey breast
- celery rib
- 1 c
- red and green seedless grapes, sliced in half (1 cup total-reduced from 2 cups; add more if desired)
- flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1/4 c
- roasted, unsalted cashew pieces + more for garnish
- greens, for serving (radicchio, spinach, mixed, your fav)
- 1/4 large
- meyer lemon, washed well (meyer lemon when in season but a standard lemon is fine)
- 2 Tbsp
- dry sherry *or* 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c
- mayonnaise (non-fat not recommended)
How to Make Smoked Turkey Salad w/Cashews & Sherry Dressing
- 1SALAD DRESSING ORIGNAL VERSION: Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a mixing bowl, then whisk in the sherry, sugar, salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
SALAD DRESSING VERSION #2 (my suggestion): Instead of juicing the lemon, remove seeds but leave peel intact, cut the lemon into small chunks and puree with the remaining salad dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- 2SALAD: Cut the turkey into bite-size chunks. Transfer the turkey, scallion, celery, grapes, chopped parsley and the 1/4 cup of cashew pieces to a non-reactive large salad bowl or serving platter. Toss ingredients gently with the salad dressing until evenly coated. Don't stir in the cashew pieces unless you plan on eating the sale right away. The salad tastes best if prepared at least 1 hour in advance. Cover and chill until ready to serve, then stir in the cashew pieces.
- 3TO SERVE: Divide salad among individual bowls or plates. Top with more cashew pieces. Serve nestled in radicchio leaves or other favorite greens, serve with warm flatbread, crusty rustic bread, naan or similar.