Homemade horseradish and roasted beetroot relish
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·200 g horseradish root
·600 g beets cooked – best baked
·150 ml cider vinegar
·30 ml honey or maple syrup
·1 tsp salt
·1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
How to Make Homemade horseradish and roasted beetroot relish
- Peel, wash and cut the horseradish root into chunks. Place into a food processor and give it a good few pulses until it will look like rice grains or even smaller. You may also use a grater (small holes) too. Place into a larger bowl. Cover so it will not make you cry any further.
- Grate the beets, I normally use grater on food processor to do them but grating them manually is also super easy and quick option. Place in the same bowl with the horseradish.
- Mix the beets and the horseradish together along with the remaining ingredients, the cider vinegar (150ml), honey or maple syrup (30ml), salt and the freshly ground black pepper. Mix all well using a wooden spoon until nicely homogenised.
- Have handy the sterilised jar and transfer the relish pressing nicely to make sure there are no visible air pockets.
- Keep in the fridge and use as you fancy.