Claim Jumper's Spicy Thai Coleslaw~Copycat
MMmm! I was so happy to find this recipe on a copycat website and it's spot on ! I often order this coleslaw when I go to Claim Jumper restaurant. It's so good! I love the flavors.
- 1/3 c rice vinegar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 t chili paste(sambal)
- 4 t. fresh lime juice
- 2 t. canola oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 oz soba noodles,cooked (1 1/2 c
- 10 c thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 c mixed baby greens
- 1 1/3 c julienned carrots(1 carrot)
- 1 c julienned zucchini (1/2 zucchini)
- 1 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
How to Make Claim Jumper's Spicy Thai Coleslaw~Copycat
- 11. Prepare the dressing first by combining the ingredients in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat up this mixture in the microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until dressing is hot, but not boiling. This will help to dissolve the sugar and salt. Stir the dressing well and set it aside to cool.
Cook 2 ounces of soba noodles following the directions on the package (the directions will say something like: "Cook noodles for 5 minutes in rapidly boiling water"). Drain the soba noodles, run cold water over them and let them sit to cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
Use a large sharp knife to thinly slice a medium head of napa cabbage. You can also use a mandoline to slice the cabbage into thin, uniform strips so that you have 10 cups of sliced cabbage. You can use a mandoline with a julienne
attachment for slicing the carrots and zucchini as well. Make sure to chop the julienne slices into bite-size strips.
Chop the soba noodles into bite-size pieces, then combine them with the cabbage, baby greens, carrot, zucchini, cilantro, and nuts in a large bowl. Toss everything around real
well while adding the dressing, then cover and chill the bowl for at least 4 hours. If you have the patience, wait overnight for it, because the cole slaw will taste even better. Your slaw should last for up to a week covered in the fridge.
About Claim Jumper's Spicy Thai Coleslaw~Copycat
You May Also Like:
Show 2 Comments & Reviews