Carrabba’s Tomatoes Caprese Copycat Recipe
Everybody in the family loves this recipe. Sometimes I just spoon it over a toasted, sliced loaf of Italian bread I get from the store. Doing this resembles another great salad of Carrabba’s which is Bruschetta, only they use Focaccia Bread.
Either way, I know you will love this salad. It is light and refreshing and oh so easy to make.
- 1 lb
- cherry / grape tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 small
- red onion (diced fine)
- 4 oz
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- note: sea salt and cracked pepper are essential to this recipe. this will not taste the same if using regular salt and pepper.
How to Make Carrabba’s Tomatoes Caprese Copycat Recipe
- 1Cut tomatoes in half and place in a medium bowl.
Chiffonade the Basil (take leaves of basil and roll into a log and cut into thin strips). Add basil and diced onions to the tomatoes.
- 2Either cut or break the mozzarella into small pieces and add it to the bowl.
Whisk the Red Wine Vinegar and the EVOO together and pour over the tomato mixture.
- 3Allow to set for 10 minutes to bring to room temp and all the flavors to blend.
Sprinkle with the Sea Salt and cracked pepper right before serving (the salt brings out the moisture in the tomatoes).
You can also place this on some bread and serve as an appetizer.