Grandma A's Lime Gelatin Salad
I have used a Google Image until I can get my own photos.
2 pkglime jello, 3 oz each
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, 8 oz, drained /reserve the juice
·water with pineapple juice to equal 2 cups.
3 Tbsplemon or lime juice
1 1/4 cchopped celery
1 pkgcream cheese, 8 oz, softened
1/2 to 3/4 csmall curd cottage cheese, drained
1/3 croughly chopped toasted pecans
How to Make Grandma A's Lime Gelatin Salad
- Place water and pineapple juice to measure 2 cups, and lemon/lime juice in a medium microwaveable mixing bowl and heat to boiling on high in microwave. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in Lime Jello and stir to dissolve completely 2 to 3 minutes. Refrigerate until slightly thickened and "syrupy".
- Whip together the cream cheese and mayo til smooth. Add the drained pineapple and celery and stir to mix.
- When Jello mixture is thickened, stir in the cream cheese mixture until well blended. Add cottage cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 12 casserole and top with chopped toasted pecans.
- Cover and return to refrigerator to complete setting, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into squares and top with a combination of whipped cream and mayonnaise mixed together. (about 1/2 and 1/2)