Acapulco Avocado Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yummilicious! The beautiful vibrant colors will draw you in to this dish for a closer look.
When I finally dug into the beautiful salad, I said to myself, "WOW, this recipe has Blue Ribbon written all over it! Acapulco would be so proud!" This salad is perfect for any season - Your family and friends will be in for a real treat. Try pairing this yummy salad with a hearty veggie soup, crusty artisan bread and a chilled glass of pinot grigio. The Test Kitchen
·butter lettuce leaves
2 TbspWhite wine vinegar
2 TbspOlive oil
1Fresh mango, diced
1/2 lbMedium shrimp (26-30 count),cooked, peeled, deveined, cut in half
1 can(s)(4 oz ) diced green chiles, drained
1/2 cAny variety, salsa
How to Make Acapulco Avocado Salad
- Arrange lettuce on four plates. Set aside.
- Combine vinegar and oil in a medium bowl, mix well. Stir in mango, shrimp, chiles and salsa.
- Cut Avocados in half and remove pits. Using spoon, scoop some avocado flesh from pit area of each half.
- Chop and gently stir into shrimp mixture.
- Remove remainder of avocado from skin, run spoon between flesh and skin, and carefully scoop out avocado halves in one piece.
- Place each half on lettuce bed.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into avocado halves.