Polynesian Chicken Salad with Baby Spinach
2 cbaby spinach leaves
2 ctorn romaine lettuce
1 largered pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 ccanned mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cred raspberry vinaigrette with poppy seed dressing
1/2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
2 Tbspflaked coconut, toasted
How to Make Polynesian Chicken Salad with Baby Spinach
- Toss spinach and romaine with the peppers and oranges in a bowl.
- Add dressing; mix lightly and spoon onto a serving platter or two salad plates.
- Top with chicken; sprinkle with cashews and toasted coconut.
- Note: to toast the coconut, spread evenly in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully, coconut can burn easily.
- Note: For a different taste, substitue 1/2 lb cooked, cleaned shrimp for the chicken.