Fruit Terrine (Red White & Blue!)
2 cwhite grape-peach juice (or juice of choice)
1 1/2 tspagar powder (or gelatin powder)
2 Tbsp*optional, agave nectar or honey (use to sweeten, if your fruit is a bit tart)
10 ozfresh strawberries
1 1/2 cfresh blueberries
How to Make Fruit Terrine (Red White & Blue!)
- Put one cup of the juice in a saucepan, and sprinkle the agar over it; allow it to soften for a few minutes. Heat on medium-high, stirring, until the agar is completely dissolved and the juice begins to boil.
- Stir in the remaining juice and the agave (*optional) and remove from heat. Allow the agar mixture to cool slightly while you prepare the fruit. Be sure to stir the juice every minute or so.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice them lengthwise. Place them on the bottom of a loaf pan, prettiest sides down. Slice the bananas and place them on top of the strawberries. Put the blueberries in an even layer on top of the bananas.
- Gently pour the juice mixture evenly over the berries. Working quickly, distribute the mixture evenly in pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled and jelled.
- To serve:
Carefully run a knife along the edge of the mold (you may want to lower the pan into a large bowl or sink full of hot tap water for a few seconds to free the mold)
Invert over a platter