1 largepkg. wild strawberry (or any type you like) jell-o
2 cboiling water
1-½ ccold water
½ capple sauce
2 cfrozen strawberries
1- 12 ozcontainer sour cream- use tofutti sour cream for a non-dairy version.
30 largemarshmallows, torn into pieces
How to Make Dan’s Jell-O
- Starting the evening before you want to serve... Dissolve Jell-O in the boiling water; about 2 minutes.
- Add cold water and apple sauce to the Jell-O and mix.
- Put Jell-O mixture in the refrigerator; set just until raw egg like consistency is reached; at this point add the strawberries.
- Return to the refrigerator until completely set.
- Topping- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream and marshmallows and keep in the refrigerator.
- This part takes a long time~ Keep going back to it every ½ hour or so and mix until dissolved.
(Mom doesn’t do this, but I have used a hand mixer the next morning, if this is taking too long.)
- Once the Jell-O is completely set up and the marshmallows are completely, or close to, completely dissolved into the sour cream, spread the sour cream mixture over the Jell-O.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.