My Best Chicken Salad
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- celery stalks
- onion, small, yellow
- 1/4 c
- parsley, chopped
- mrs. dash (original)
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- miracle whip
- salt and pepper
How to Make My Best Chicken Salad
- 1Poach chicken over low heat with celery tops, chopped onion, carrot cut into large pieces, salt and pepper, and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash for about 30 minutes.
- 2Finely chop celery and parsley
- 3Remove chicken from broth to cool. Cut into large pieces. Place pieces in food processor or mini-chopper. Pulse until chicken resembles large grains of sand. It should be coarse, not a paste.
- 4Combine chicken, parsley, a capful of Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper to taste, and celery.
- 5Add mayo and Miracle Whip. Fold to combine. Add more mayo if necessary.
- 6Serve on crackers, croissants.
- 7Strain broth of vegetables. Freeze broth for later use.