Favorite Chicken Salad
2 cchopped, cooked chicken breast
1 ccelery, finely chopped
2 cseedless grapes, halved (i use red or purple)
3/4 cchopped pecans, walnuts, cashews or sliced almonds
1 can(s)( 11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
·extra nuts for garnish
How to Make Favorite Chicken Salad
- Combine the chopped chicken breasts, celery, grapes, mandarin oranges and chopped nuts together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together.
- Add the mayo mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir together to blend.
- Serve as a sandwich filling (I love the delicacy of this recipe served on sliced croissants) or as a stand alone salad on a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with extra chopped nuts to garnish.
- VARIATION: I sometimes use fresh, sliced strawberries instead of the mandarin oranges. I have also used chopped apples. These combinations are really good as well.