"Applebees" Oriental Chicken Salad
I simplify this recipe a lot! I buy the chicken pre-cooked or frozen tenders. Sometimes I buy a package of coleslaw mix and/or shredded carrots. I buy the salad topping almonds that are pre-toasted.
I sometimes even toss in mandarin oranges!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grey poupon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- chicken tenders, cooked (either homemade, frozen, or purchased work), chopped
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crispy chow mein noodles
How to Make "Applebees" Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Put dressing in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- 2Prepare salad by tossing romaine, cabbages, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl.
- 3Serve: Plate salad, sprinkle with toasted almonds, chow mein noodles, and chicken pieces. Top with salad dressing.