This recipe is private
CHAMPAGNE STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
These long, lazy days of summer are a great time to incorporate beef into your meal plans.
- beef ranch steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 lb
- green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp
- crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
- 2 medium
- red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 pkg
- (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 c
- crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 c
- champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground mixed peppercorns
How to Make CHAMPAGNE STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
- 1Bring 1-inch water to a boil in medium saucepan.
Add green beans, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Drain; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
- 3Press 2 teaspoons peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak.
Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness.
Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
- 4Carve steaks into thin slices.
Cut peppers into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
Season beef and vegetables with salt, as desired.
Divide salad greens among four serving bowls; top evenly with vegetables.
Arrange beef on salad.
Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Drizzle with vinaigrette.
One pound beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 1-inch thick may be substituted for Ranch Steaks. For charcoal, grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (for gas, grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.