Make your own Bathtub Paints
How to Make Make your own Bathtub Paints
- 1you will need a few small jars.....baby food jars work well
- 2Pour ¼ cup hot water in a bowl. Stir the gelatin into the water and let it stand for 10 minutes until dissolved.
Combine the cornstarch, sugar and cold water in a saucepan and stir. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for several minutes, until thick.
Reduce the heat and add the gelatin mixture and liquid soap. Stir until smooth. Allow it to stand until cool.
Divide the mixture equally into small jars. Add a few drops of different colored food coloring into each jar. Close the lids tightly and shake well until the mixture and food coloring are thoroughly combined.
Allow your children to finger paint the inside of the tub, the shower walls and themselves. Close lids tightly to store.
- 3recipe #2
* 2/3 cup clear dishwashing soap
* 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
* Food coloring
* Small containers (baby food jars are the perfect size)
Here’s what you do:
Mix the cornstarch and dish soap in small bowl. Divide the mixture up into seperate small containers (an ice cube tray would work, too). Then add about ten drops of different colored food coloring in each part of the mixture. Stir it up and let the kids go hog wild in the tub. You can give the kids paintbrushes if you like – or just let them use their fingers.