Home Made LAUNDRY DETERGENT
How to Make Home Made LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- Shred your Ivory soap, and Shred your Pink Zote soap...keep them separate. Do NOT mash the soap into a measuring cup. Keep the shreds fluffy, so they will melt more easily. 1/2 cup will be about half of what you grated...or will be equivalent to a nice mound in the cup of your hand.
- Put 4 cups water into a pot on stove. Add Borax, Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (this is NOT baking soda - you will find this in the laundry aisle at your grocery store, Walmart, or a hardware store), shredded Ivory soap, shredded pink Zote. Stir continually over medium heat until all soap is completely dissolved.
- In a 2-gallon plastic container, add 8 cups of hot tap water, then add the soap mixture from the pot and stir together. Add 18 more cups of hot water. Stir.
- Cover with plastic lid (I use a 2-gallon bucket from Home Depot. The extra large Tupperware bowl can also work.) Let sit 24 hours, and keep the lid on it the entire time.
- After 24 hours, the liquid will be a runny gel. Some hardened soap-like pieces may float to the top - discard them. Stir the liquid gel. Your soap is ready. Use 1/2 cup - or a regular liquid detergent lid.
- This soap will not be sudsy - but, your pipes will love you, and your laundry will be clean and fresh.