Easy liquid hand soap (made from old bar soap)
Inlike the old save your old soaps and put in water to soften then press all of them together in a mold. Then you have a bar that falls apart and has no scent.
With this recipe you can create any scent you wish. My daughter loves coconut or green apple. I love peppermint soap. My hubby loves orange spice. Now we can have them all.
On St Patricks day you can tint the soap green and use shamrock scent or Irish cream scented. At Christmas time there is punpkin spice or pine scent. At halloween there is pumpkin or candy corn scents. At thanksgiving why not try lemon pie.
- small bar of soap or equilivent in soap chips from old used soaps
- 3 c
- 1/2-1 tsp
- essential oil or fragrance oil
How to Make Easy liquid hand soap (made from old bar soap)
- 1Take your bar of soap (we use Dove or store brand like it, because it's more moisturizing), and grate it with a cheese grater.
- 2Pour the water and grated soap into a microwaveable container and cook on high for 3 min. Remove and stir until all soap bits have melted (put in a bit longer, if needed).
- 3Let it cool, add the EO or frangrance, stir well and then pour into pumps (leftover from store bought liquid soap), and the remainder in any container with a lid.
- 4Makes about 24 oz