some ways to shop for food,get your moneys worth
michelle 'FLAME' kelley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- buy in bulk whenever you can
- buy and freeze for more than one week
- don't buy day by day meals
- plan out what you think you might want that week or next two weeks.
- plan for company, even if you don't get any,
- don't be afraid to make a weekly menu and switch out the days.
How to Make some ways to shop for food,get your moneys worth
- 1ok. first off if you like a certain item and eat it a lot, try to buy it in bulk. ie, potatoes, rice, flour,sugar,cornmeal. items such as these and cost less over all if bought in bulk. 10.lbs versus 5.lbs can mean the difference of several dollars over all.
- 2second plan out your meals. set yourself up a menu for over the next two weeks and buy your food to prepare these meals. don't worry on what day you're going to cook what because you don't have to have that meal on that day. you can switch it up anyway you like but you have all that you need at hand.
- 3cook ahead. spend a day preparing what you will eat over the course of the next week put it in the storage containers, mark it with what it is and the date made and freeze it. pull it out when you want it and all you have to do is cook it or warm it up. this way you are only cooking on one day and the rest of the week you are free to do something else. also its great for those oh last minute dates.
- 4look at the ingredients usually what is first in the list is what is in the package most. so if sodium and sugar are at the top of the list this is something you don't want to eat on a regular basis.
- 5clip coupons, yes i said coupons. you can save hundreds a month on groceries just by clipping coupons. look in your sunday paper for the coupons or you can go online to various sites and print and clip. you can even sign up for free stuff and have it sent to your house.
- 6food items to always keep on hand to never go hungry,
bisquick,rice,potatoes,butter,eggs,milk, bread, peanut butter and/or jelly. roman noodles,popcorn. keep this in the house and no matter what you will not go hungry.