- 1 large coffee can of alfalfa pellets
- 1 cup of rose food
- 1 cup of epsom salts
- approx. 1/3 cup of fish emulsion (this comes in a bottle at most feed and seeds or home gardening stores)
- 3 coffee cans of compost or chopped leaves
How to Make Rose Nutrition
- 1Add first ingredients to soil around planted rosebush.
If you work it into the soil a bit, be careful to keep it at least 6 inches away from the crown of the bush to avoid disturbing roots.
- 2Then add compost or chopped leaves on top.
If you just put the Nutrition recipe on top of the soil and then cover with compost or leaf mulch, you can put it about 1 to 2 inches away. It will decompose over time and does not have to be worked into the soil.
- 3Lastly water very well and sit back and watch it GROW!