NanaCin's Homemade Handywork for the GrandChildren
''Handmade with Love''
- #1 princess castles
- #2 pooh,
- #3 horses horses horses
- #4 bares
- #9-thru-15 disney princesses; only one made from a kit (simi-homemade)
How to Make NanaCin's Homemade Handywork for the GrandChildren
- 1#1 blanket is dark purple on back with pink & white on front...MADE FOR HANNAH
- 2#2 blanket is dark green on back with multi-colors on front...MADE FOR JULIA
- 3#3 blanket is pale-yellow on back with horse-colors on front...MADE FOR MEGAN
- 4#4 blanket is bright country blue on back with red, white, blue and bear-brown on front...MADE FOR HAYLEEN& JARROD
- 5MAKING ALL THE BLANKETS WAS A LABOR OF LOVE,
MAY GOD BLESS THEIR SNUGGLE TIME!!!
- 6Some have wanted to know how to make these. It's hard to explain without showing you...BUT, here goes.
I buy equal amounts of material for the front an back, lay it out and pin together all the way around.
Then you cut out a 2 1/2 to 3 inch square out of each corner (I make a 3 X 3 inch cut).
Then you cut strips, 3" long and 3/4 to 1 inch wide into the edge all the way around.
Then you tie each strip together in a double knot.....go all the way around so the top and back are tied togehter (this way you don't have to sew it at all). WALLA, just that easy.
I usually pick out the soft blanket material (fleece fabric is best) in colors that will coordinate.
One solid side and one with either a floral pattern, scripture verse, angles, Christmas scenes, mascots, something with special meaning to a particular person...etc to go on the opposite side.
- 7Any fabric store, Hobby Lobby or Wally World all sell fleece fabric.
Some even have panels sections to choose then you just pick out a matching color for your back color.
The one draped across my chair was for me, has a giraffe (Longanecker) scene on it.
Goes with the giraffe (Longanecker) pillows I made.
- 8oooh, I forgot to tell you. If you cut a long strip off both ends (top & bottom) then you can braid it and then when you fold the blanket and roll it up you can tie it around with the braid to hold it and hold onto it to take to a sleepover or camping.
Can you see the braid laying on the blanket (the horse one).
TIP: Cut yourself a template out of cardboard for a 3" by 3" square to use when cutting out your corners.
Makes it so much easier to keep all 4-corners the same.
- 9BOY DID THIS PROJECT JUST GET EASIER FOR ME!!!
I'M MAKING ANOTHER FLEECE BLANKET FOR MY NEW GRANDGIRL FOR CHRISTMAS...AND I FOUND A DISNEY KIT AT HANCOCK'S TO MAKE.
IT IS THE COLORS IN HER NURSERY AND WILL BE GREAT.
A PRINCESS BLANKET FOR OUR..."NEWEST PRINCESS, SARAH"
- 10THE OTHERS ABOVE WERE NOT KITS...THIS ONE IS AND WILL STILL BE "SIMI-HOMEMADE".....I'M STILL PUTTING IT TOGETHER!!!
- 11I DID NOT KNOW THEY MADE THESE EASY KITS...BUT THERE IS MORE.
I FINISHED MAKING THIS ONE AND WILL POST MY PHOTO OF THE PRINCESS-BLANKET AS SOON AS I GET THEM DOWNLOADED!!!!
- 12WORKING ON SARAH'S BLANKET
- 13WORKING ON SARAH'S BLANKET
- 14FINISHED SARAH'S BLANKET
- 15FINISHED SARAH'S BLANKET