Kitchen Dodad Rack
NOTE: If you want to use S hooks instead of cuphooks, that's an option too and then you don't have to drill holes in the dowel rod, but you will in the cupboards to install the holders...the benefit of the S hooks is that you can slide them aside to make room for more S hooks and stash more stuff...(credit to Doreen Fish for that idea.)
- hand saw or power saw
- 1-1/2 diameter dowel (like a closet rod)
- large cup hooks
- closet rod holders (come in a set at the hardware store)
How to Make Kitchen Dodad Rack
- 1Measure the outside of the two cupboards above and between your kitchen sink from the ceiling to where you want the rod to hang. Mark. This is the spot where you will install the closet rod holders.
- 2Install the rod holders and then measure from inside the one holder to the other holder on the other side and this will be the length you want your rod to be.
- 3Cut your rod/dowel to the required length and double check that it fits the holders. If it's too big, no worries, just trim until it's the right length. If it's too short...well...might have to start over.
- 4Next mark off how ever many hooks you want. I think I spaced mine about 3 to 4 inches apart. Drill the holes with a bit about the size of the thread end of the cup hooks.
- 5Install your cup hooks and then hang the rod up in the holders and hang all your tools that you want on it up. And voila...a successful DIY project and a more organized kitchen. And you didn't break the bank either.