HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN TINCTURES
·dried or fresh herbs in powdered or cut form.
·80 -100 proof vodka or rum (never use rubbing, isopropyl or wood alcohol).
·wide-mouthed glass jars with lids (mason jar or equivalent).
·unbleached cheesecloth or muslin.
·labels and markers.
How to Make HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN TINCTURES
- Pour the amount of herb you desire into the glass jar and slowly pour the alcohol until the herbs are entirely covered. Then add an inch or two of additional liquid.
- Seal the jar tightly so that the liquid cannot leak or evaporate. Put the jar in a dark area or inside a paper bag.
- Shake the jar every day for a week.
- When ready to bottle, pour the tincture through a cheesecloth into another jar or dark colored tincture bottle. Squeeze the saturated herbs, extracting the remaining liquid until no more drips appear.
- Close the storage container with a stopper or cap and label.