Freddies Winter Treat
Last year we had only 4 squirrels nexts when we moved in. This winter we have 13. Anyone knowing me knows it is a special number. My guess is Freddie invited his friends over for the winter. Last year I went through ten square cakes from Dec when we moved in until April. This year I have went through 11 from Dec until now.
- 1/4 c
- bacon grease (can use chicken grease but they like the bacon better)
- 1/4 c
- peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- an assortment of seeds like wild bird blend and sunflower seeds, pecans, walnuts, sesame, what have you
- a handful each raw oats and corn meal
How to Make Freddies Winter Treat
- 1In a 3 or more cup micro safe bowl, Melt the bacon grease and add the peanut butter and mix well
- 2add seeds, corn meal, old fashioned oats, and nuts mixing well.
- 3Put into 1-2 square sandwitch containers and push to pack down. Freeze over night and put into bird food square hanger feeder.
- 4Both the winter over birds and the squirrels love it