★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- white school glue (can add some glitter glue also)
- 1 1/2 c
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- ground cloves
- rolling pin
- waxed paper
- window screen or low setting on oven
- drinking straw
- holiday ribbon for hanging
How to Make Cinnamon Ornaments
- 1Straw Mix cinnamon, cloves, applesauce, and glue together in a bowl. The dough should be as thick as cookie dough. Add a bit of water if the dough is too stiff.
- 2Remove from bowl and knead. Put it back in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for at least a half hour.
- 3Remove the dough, knead again to make sure it's smooth. Flatten/roll the dough between waxed paper until it's between 1/4" thick and 1/8" thick.
- 4Cut out desired shapes, use a straw to punch a hole for the ribbon to hang. The circle of dough will pull out with the straw.
- 5Gently place the shapes on a piece of clean wax paper. Let set for approx 3 hours in a warm room. I take an old screen, place books on the ends so that screen is raised. This way air gets around the ornaments and they dry faster. They will take 3-5 days to dry, and you will need to turn them over a couple of times a day for them to dry evenly and flat.
- 6After they are totally dry, you can paint them with acrylic paints and put pretty ribbon through the holes to either hang on tree or put on gifts!