Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
How to Make Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
- Mix cinnamon, apple sauce and glue together in a bowl. The dough should be as thick as cookie dough. Add a bit of water if the dough is too stiff.
- Remove from bowl and knead. Put it back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for at least half an hour.
- Remove the dough and knead again to make sure it's smooth. Flatten/roll dough between sheets of waxed paper until it's between 1/4 & 1/8 inch thick. Cut out in desired shapes, use a straw to punch a hole for the ribbon to hang.
- Gently place the shapes on a clean sheet of wax paper. They will take 3-5 days to dry and you will need to turn them a couple of times a day for them to dry evenly and flat. When dry, thread a piece of ribbon or yarn through the hole to hang.
- Note: Ornaments may shrink during the drying process. You can decorate as you like with acrylic or fabric paints