Applesauce Dough Cinnamon Ornament Recipe
- 1 c
- ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cloves
- 3/4 c
- applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp
- essential oil (your choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- white craft glue cookie cutters or molds
- decorating materials
TIP: USE THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF YOUR CHOICE. TRY CINNAMON TO BRING OUT THE CINNAMON SCENT, OR APPLE TO MAKE APPLE-CINNAMON SCENTED CINNAMON ORNAMENTS. VANILLA-CINNAMON IS NICE, TOO!
How to Make Applesauce Dough Cinnamon Ornament Recipe
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, combine cinnamon and cloves. Add the applesauce, essential oil, and glue.
- 2Knead in bowl for a few minutes, until you have a firm, pliable dough. Add more cinnamon if the dough is too wet, more applesauce if it's too dry.
- 3Dust your work surface with cinnamon (just as you would with flour for regular cookies). Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters, or press into a cookie mold. For molds, press dough into mold, smooth with rolling pin, remove, and cut away extra dough.
- 4While still moist, cut a hole in the top of each ornament with the end of a straw for hanging. Place ornaments on paper towels and air dry for several days. Carefully flip them several times while drying so they won't bend or warp.
- 5In a hurry? Instead of air drying, bake ornaments at 200 degrees F for about 3 hours, turning occasionally.