18 inches of 3 inch wide lace (which has like edges and a uniform pattern of holes along the middle and the edges) per angel.
1 (12") gold pipe cleaner
24" of narrow ribbon
1 (1") round wooden doll head with hole all the way through
2 miniature roses
1 small jingle bell (if desired)
6" gold cord
1. GLUE HAIR TO HEAD AND LET DRY. MAKE A CIRCLE 1/3 OF THE WAY ON THE END OF THE PIPE CLEANER. PUT BOTH ENDS THROUGH HEAD. WRAP SHORT END AROUND THE STEM FOR A COLLAR.
2. COUNT DOWN 11 HOLES IN THE LACE (@ 6") AND CUT. WEAVE THROUGH THE CENTER HOLES ONTO THE LONG END OF THE PIPE CLEANER AND PUSH UP FOR WINGS.
3. GATHER THE REST OF THE LACE ALONG THE LONG EDGE. PULL TIGHTLY AND TIE OFF. SLIDE UP ONTO THE LONG END OF THE PIPE CLEANER & GLUE UNDER THE WINGS.
4. MAKE A BOW WITH THE 12" OF RIBBON. GLUE AT THE WAIST. GLUE ON ROSE. REPEAT FOR THE BACK.
5. MAKE A LOOP OF THE GOLD CORD. DIP THE ENDS INTO CLEAR NAIL POLISH. SLIP IT OVER THE HALO & GLUE KNOT AT HEAD FOR HANGER.
6. CUT OFF PIPE CLEANER UNDER SKIRT OR LEAVE IT & ATTACH A SMALL BELL.
Angel with Fan Style Skirt
Follow Directions number 1 & 2 above.
3. Instead of gathering the lace to make a skirt, fold the lace like a fan and bend the pipe cleaner at a right angle, then thread it through the edge of the lace. Fan out the lace to make the skirt (see photo). Bend pipe cleaner up in the middle of the back and twirl it and cut off access. Glue bow to hide it.
Follow directions 4 & 5 above.
Little Lace Angel for a Small Tree
Use the directions for the original angel, but use 6 inch lengths of 2 different types of gathered decorative ribbon instead of lace. Fold a third 6 inch piece of lace for the bodice and glue the pipe cleaner to it. Use 2 long white feathers for the wings. Add hair and other decoration if desired.