- 1 16oz
- container of plain yogart
- 2-3 medium
- sweet potatoes, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp
- honey or molasses (optional)
How to Make Sweet Potato Yogurt "Frosty Paws"
- 1Clean sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Steam or boil until soft. I prefer steaming veggies to get the most nutritional value possible.
In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes also adding honey or molasses at this time (optional)
- 2Let the mashed sweet potatoes cool for a little while then add the container of plain yogurt and blend well.
- 3Using a 1/8 of a cup measure fill up each "cube" of your ice cube tray to just the top. Freeze then pop the cubes out and store in a ziploc bag or a container
in the freezer. I usually give one cube in a little bowl for a snack some times two depending on the size of the dog.
- 4Note: You can also make peanut butter frosty paws by substituting 1 cup creamy peanut butter for the sweet potatoes. (use an all natural peanut butter with low or no sugar added)
Some dogs don't tolerate sugar very well so it will depend on your dog if you want to add the honey or molasses to the mix.