★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- liver (calf, beef, or chicken)
- 2 oz
- bourbon (dog variety - less than $10/qt.)
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder (or more to taste)
- water to cover
- 2 qt
- tinfoil lined cookie sheet
How to Make Famous Bourbon Garlic Liver Recipe for dogs
- 1Rinse liver and place in pan cover with water and sprinkle in garlic
- 2Slosh in bourbon and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 15 minutes and then turn off heat.
Let stand for 20 min. to infuse liver with maximum bourbon flavor.
- 3Remove liver, drain, and place on foil lined sheet
- 4Place in 200 deg. oven for 30 min.
Turn and leave in 10 min. more or until dry enough to put in pocket.
Remove and let cool
Do not carbonize